5 Fast Track Study Tips
- Use a flashcard app If you’re short on time, a flashcard app on your phone can help you study on the go whenever you have small pockets of time. Use it during your commute (if you take the train), while you’re waiting in line or even when you catch yourself absentmindedly looking at your phone.
- Use an exam prep aid While your real estate pre-licensing course will prepare you for your future career in real estate, an exam prep aid will prepare you to pass the exam. One convenient option is our Real Estate Exam Prep Master. You can purchase it on its own or in conjunction with a pre-licensing course, and you get your money back if you don’t pass the exam.
- Get a distraction blocker for your computer If you find it difficult to focus while you’re on your computer, install a program that will temporarily block websites so you can work. We all know there are just some sites that waste time — whether it’s quizzes, sports updates or social media. Tools like Cold Turkey and FocusMe will block out the websites of your choice for a set period of time. You can set a weekly recurring block if you need a lot of help being disciplined. That way you know you won’t be able to check your social media at a certain time each day or week.
- Set a timer to help you focus If you have a hard time getting down to work, setting a timer that gives you periods of intense focus followed by some periods of rest might help you fight through distractions or mental fog.
- Set study goals To make the most out of your study time it helps to set goals. This could be goals on how much material you want to work through in a certain session or even goals around how focused and attentive you’ll be when you’re at your workspace studying. At the end of your session, take a minute to review how well you did with your goals and set some new ones for your next study session. If you don’t monitor your progress it’ll be harder for you to know if you’re improving.