Chapter 5 – The Professional Liability of Real Estate Licensees
In this lesson we’ll be going over the legal definition of negligence, and how it applies to Realtors and other professionals. What is: negligent misrepresentation, fraudulent misrepresentation & deceit, errors in drafting agreements, and breach of fiduciary duty. The different types of remedies available for homeowners who experience a decrease in their ‘use and enjoyment of land’.
BEHIND THE SCENES TALKING POINTS
- What is negligence for professionals that have a standard of care
- The legal definition of the word ‘nuisance’ when it comes to real estate ownership
- What is considered ‘Trespass’
- Legal remedies for damage that has occurred from certain situations.
- Vicarious liability and its significance
- Tort Law
- Practical quiz at the end of every session.
- A practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 25
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 2 hours
- Skill level Anyone
- Language English
- Students 62
- Assessments Yes
Liability & Negligence
Types of Damages
Occupiers Liability Act
The Competition Act
Restraint of Trade
Chapter 5 - 1000 Questions